All events held along the Great Ocean Road require a permit. This allows us to be certain we can accommodate rubbish collection, amenity needs and ensure there is ample time and space for each event.
Each year, many groups and organisations conduct small to large-scale community and commercial events along the coast.
These events include:
- Outdoor music concerts
- Community sporting events, including beach volleyball, cycling, running, sailing, surfing and triathlons
- Life saving events
- Product promotions and launches
- Large social gatherings, including weddings.
After your event plan is assessed by our team it will incur an administrative fee and a possible recovery fee for any additional costs incurred, such as waste collection. Cost recovery will be established on a case-by-case basis and will consider the following:
- Event footprint
- Environmental impact
- Additional cleaning requirements to amenities
- Power and water requirements
- Great Ocean Road Coast and Parks Authority staff time
- Traffic impacts.
If the event you are planning requires a permit, please submit the Event Application Form below.
Please note that we require up to 15 days to process applications.