Request for consideration of a claim

A person holding a foam surfboard walks down the boardwalk to the beach.

If you have sustained an injury, loss or damage because you believe there has been negligence by the Great Ocean Road Coast and Parks Authority (the Authority), you can submit a request for compensation. Please note that submitting a claim does not guarantee you will receive compensation.

The Authority is provided insurance through the Victorian Managed Insurance Authority (VMIA), who work with the Authority to review and assess any claims that are submitted. Depending on your claim, the VMIA may also contact you discuss it further. Most claim investigations are completed within 12 weeks, however the Authority will work to resolve the claim as soon as practical.

Please note that as part of submitting a claim, the location of your incident must be supplied to confirm that it occurred within the Crown land managed by the Authority.

You can submit your claim via the form below:

Click here to view form.