Leases, licences and permits

Many venues and spaces along the Great Ocean Road are ideal for weddings, parties and community events.

Permits are required for foreshore activities including beach weddings, filming and photography, yoga and personal training sessions, dog training classes, surfing competitions and events.

Surf schools, mobile food vendors and many other types of ongoing activities that take place along the coast require a commercial licence to operate. Commercial licences are granted after a transparent Expression of Interest process that is completed every five years.

We also issue and manage Crown land leases over a range of assets for business and community on Great Ocean Road coastal reserves.

All funds raised through our commercial operations are reinvested into the Great Ocean Road’s coastal reserves, infrastructure, caravan parks and community.

If you have any questions about permits, please email: