About the Great Ocean Road Coast and Parks Authority
The Great Ocean Road Coast and Parks Authority (the Authority) was established on 1 December 2020 to deliver better protection and management of the iconic coast and parks of Victoria’s Great Ocean Road.
In partnership with our Traditional Owners, our role is to manage, protect, rehabilitate and foster resilience of the natural, cultural and heritage values of coastal Crown land and marine waters along the Great Ocean Road.
As a public land manager for the Great Ocean Road coast and parks, we manage a wide variety of public land from National Parks to coastal beaches to town foreshores. We also lead visitation policy and planning for the scenic landscapes along the Great Ocean Road to manage visitation ‘hot spots’ and provide a great visitor experience.
All revenue raised through our commercial endeavours is reinvested back into the coast to ensure the Great Ocean Road region can be enjoyed now and for generations to come.
About the Caravan Parks
Our eight self-managed caravan parks generate the majority of Authority revenue. We are the single largest accommodation provider on the Great Ocean Road with over 750,000 visitor nights annually.
Situated adjacent to some of the most spectacular beaches on the coast, our caravan parks offer a range of accommodation options for families, tourists, students and visitors.
The positions is available at Apollo Bay Recreation Reserve.
Purpose of the position
The Caravan Park Ranger is accountable for ensuring the park grounds are kept to a high presentation and safety standard.
The Caravan Park Ranger position is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day management of the grounds (lawns, gardens, trees and terrain) of the Caravan Parks as well as assisting in the provision of general maintenance activities (minor repairs, painting, removal of debris, etc) of structures, cabins, equipment and other items.
Key selection criteria
Qualifications and experience:
- Certificate III or higher in Horticulture or similar field or trade qualification preferable
- Chainsaw qualifications
- First Aid certificate.
Knowledge and skills
- Practical grounds skills developed in an environment involving care and maintenance of large-scale broad acreage grounds spaces
- Practical maintenance skills developed in an environment involving a range of general repair and handyman activities
- Ability to communicate with people across a broad range of backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- A proactive approach to problem-solving
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Experience in safe manual handling techniques and use of chemicals (preferred).
VIEW POSITION DESCRIPTION
Applications for this position close at 5.00pm Friday, 3 June 2022.
- A current resume
- Response to key selection criteria