HAVE YOUR SAY ON THE CAMPING UPLIFT FOR THE GREAT OCEAN ROAD REGION – APOLLO BAY
In a significant step towards ensuring camping is a viable accommodation option for more visitors to Apollo Bay, the Great Ocean Road Coast and Parks Authority (the Authority) will deliver the Camping Uplift for the Great Ocean Road Region – Apollo Bay project in 2022.
To learn more about the project, including engagement completed to date, click here.
APOLLO BAY RECREATION RESERVE MASTERPLAN
Following community engagement completed in Phase One, we are now seeking feedback and participation in the development of a masterplan for the Reserve.
The masterplan will create a 10-year vision for the Reserve, including developments from Phase One of the project. To ensure the masterplan reflects the natural, cultural, tourism and local community aspirations, it will be delivered in consultation with partners, stakeholders and community.
The masterplan will:
- Serve as a guide for the Authority to make appropriate improvements to the Reserve, working within the constraints of this area
- Formulate short, medium and long-term actions to improve amenity and use of the Reserve
- Foster ongoing community involvement in active and passive sport and recreation at the Reserve
- Ensure future development of sporting infrastructure aligns with state and national sporting facility development guidelines and requirements
- Consider the distribution of physical and social infrastructure and restrict haphazard and unplanned growth
- Foster good governance and promote sustainable development
- Ensure outcomes meet present requirements without compromising future generations’ needs.
HAVE YOUR SAY
This round of engagement will investigate the issues and opportunities for the masterplan and seek further feedback on the second iteration concept plan, developed in Phase One of the project.
Engagement will include in-person and online events, an online survey and other methods to capture feedback and understand the importance and various uses of the Reserve.
Feedback received during this engagement period will help shape the development of our draft masterplan for the Apollo Bay Recreation Reserve. The draft masterplan will be released in December 2022 for feedback from the community.
To view the complete Engagement Roadmap, click here.
The final day to submit feedback engagement is 30 June, 2022.
There are several ways to participate and have your say:
Drop in to an in-person event:
- Sunday 29 May between 10:30am – 12:30pm at Apollo Bay Recreation Reserve Clubrooms, 70 Great Ocean Road, Apollo Bay
- Wednesday 1 June between 11am – 1pm, outside Apollo Bay Bakery, 125 Great Ocean Road, Apollo Bay
- Saturday 4 June between 9am – 1pm, at the Apollo Bay Market, 19 Moore Street, Apollo Bay
Register to join an online drop-in session:
Thursday 2 June from 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Complete an online survey:
Share your feedback via email:
To share your feedback via email, click here: email@example.com